Apkudo is on a path of rapid expansion and with that comes the need for fresh new talent! With the growth of Apkudo Approved we needed to find a few key people to fill holes in our roster. Over the next few weeks you’ll get to meet a couple of those dazzlingly fresh faces.
First up is Apkudo’s newest Lab Technician, Wyatt Kund! We sat Wyatt down and asked him a few questions. Then we made him wear this sweet Lab coat, which he now rocks on a daily. Looking good, Wyatt. Looking good.
1) What is your earliest computing or internet memory?
Probably watching my older brother playing video games.
2) What was your favorite NES game?
Megaman 2. I can still play that game for hours.
3) If you could be any superhero, who would you be?
Batman, sorry Mom and Dad.
4) What excites you most about the future of technology?
Miniaturization. In my pocket I have a computer more powerful than a supercomputer that would have taken up a warehouse just a few decades ago. That’s amazing! How long before a computer as powerful as the one at CERN is in my pocket, what doors could it open up? I can’t say for sure, but I can’t wait to find out.
5) Do you sleep with your socks on?
WHAT!? NO! Do people do that?
Editor’s note: Yes. Yes they do.
6) What software or websites couldn’t you live without?
Google. I have a lot of inane questions, and they seem to have all the answers.
7) If you could have a beer with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
I would have to say Carl Sagan. He’s been a hero of mine ever since I watched Cosmos. The way he talked about everything completely changed my perspective on the world. It’s a shame he left us so soon, and the opportunity to pick his brain would be priceless to me.
8) Do you want fries with that?
Yes, but I probably won’t eat them. I always intend to, but rarely have the room.
9) If you could go on an all expense paid vacation to anywhere, where would you go and why?
Hawaii. Just once I’d like to see clear blue water. I’ve gotten so used to the color of the bay that I think all the pictures of clean water is some sort of complex hoax.
10) Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
No brainer, 100 duck sized horses. A horse- sized duck just seems too dangerous.
Wyatt’s love for CyanogenMod and inquisitive nature about how Android works immediately set him apart. Once he expressed his love for Magic: The Gathering, well, he all but locked up the position. Please help us in welcoming Wyatt to the Apkudo team!