Apkudo is seeking a QA Engineer with effective analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills. This individual must have a keen attention to detail, passionate in process improvement and be adept at working in a cross-functional team environment.
As QA Engineer, you will become part of Apkudo’s Quality Assurance Team in an effort to oversee and ensure all internal and customer deliverables meet exceptional quality standards. As part of this team, you will contribute to improving the accuracy, efficiency, and quality of all processes utilized from test design to test execution and to reporting of results. Additionally, you’ll be evaluating complex issues, isolating variables, and determining the best way to test a product for quick and efficient failure detection. All deliverables such as test plans, data collection, and results, etc., must be reviewed by the QA Team to ensure that all deliveries to customers meet or exceed expectations. The QA Team will also facilitate all quality control measures on all company product deliverables, both beta releases and final.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases through review of complex mobile device failures and determination of test variables to ensure reproduction of failures and capture of supporting data
• Evaluate current data collection and testing processes to identify process improvements
• Design, develop, and assist in execution of new processes for lab testing team to ensure consistent quality deliverables
• Coordinate and monitor proper processes are being followed to ensure quality and efficiency
• Oversee quality control of intermediate or final product deliverables
• Ensure quality control of all items delivered to customers such as reports, test plans, supporting data, etc.
• Evaluate and contribute to proper UX design implementation of a product
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs/defects/issues with product releases
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
• 3 – 5 years proven working experience in a QA Engineering role with active involvement throughout development / testing lifecycles
• Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting a plus
• Knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or ISO 27001 standards a plus
• Mobile device testing experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and observational skills with attention to detail
• Proactive, team-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to make decisions in the face of uncertainty
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment